FINALLY! An update on our contest to Win a Copy of Stephen King On Writing! The Bookworm’s Fancy ran this contest during the month of February 2013. All followers of the Bookworm on wordpress, twitter, and Google+ were automatically entered. People could earn additional entries by retweeting/sharing blog entries, tweets, and Google+ Posts.
Gimme the Prize!
The entries were tallied and the winner was Miaka Kirino of The Dragon’s Bakery. Her blog is a cute little site about baking with dragons.
I contacted the winner and got her shipping address. I packaged up the book and set out to the post office! I shipped out the book and waited patiently to receive word that it had arrived at its destination!
After a couple of days, I finally got word that she had indeed received the book. Miaka was wonderful enough to send me a picture with the book. I sincerely hope that she enjoys it! I know that this little bookworm certainly did. Many of the authors that I have met through this site have all recommended this book!
Miaka Kirino – The lucky winner of our Stephen King On Writing Contest!
Be on the look out for more contests in the future! I will probably run one every quarter. So that means the next one would be scheduled around June/July. It will probably be another book (I possibly have one in mind).
If any authors want to do a giveaway through the site, let me know as I’m completely open to that. I figure its a win-win for both sides. You get the publicity and I get to reward my readers who might in turn become your readers! A-MAZ-ING!
Also if anyone has any other nifty ideas for contests or giveaways, drop me an email. I am always open to suggestions!
Once again, congratulation to Miaka for winning our contest! Be sure to follow us on twitter and Google+!
See! How can anyone feel bad after seeing this cutie?!
So posts have been a little slow here the past couple of weeks or so. That doesn’t mean the Bookworm hasn’t been hard at work to deliver you awesome content about indie/small published books and authors.
But here’s a picture of a happy baby to brighten your day.
Don’t you feel better now? Good!
But seriously here’s an update on what’s coming and what you can expect!
- Contacted the winner of the Stephen King On Writing Giveaway on Sunday. Waiting till tonight (48 hours) for a response before picking another winner. In all honesty, the random number generator ended up landing on one of my twitter followers who probably even forgot they were following me and she is probably like “Who the heck is this person and why do they want to give me a copy of a book?”. So if any of you actually know @wendyyoung, let her know that the contest is legit and I will totally send her the book if she wants it.
- Upcoming interview with Rosemary Lynch, author of Kainan, should be posted by no later than Thursday. You can read the Bookworm’s review of Kainan here.
- Upcoming interview with Ron Vitale, author of Cinderella’s Secret Diary, should be posted next week. You can read the Bookworm’s review of Cinderella’s Secret Diary here.
- I am currently in the process of a copy edit to help an indie author/mom out.
- Currently reading: Sanctuary by Kris Kramer (for the New Podler Review), Force of Habit by Marian Allen (for Bookworm’s Fancy), Guardian of the Realm by Krystal Mclaughlin (for Bookworm’s Fancy), and Riddle in Stone by Robert Evert(for the Bookworm’s Fancy).
So take heart! If all goes as planned, the next week or two will have more content than you can shake a stick at!
WIN THIS BOOK!
Welcome to The Bookworm’s Fancy’s very first contest!
In an effort to get the word out about the Bookworm’s Fancy’s different facets, the Bookworm is giving away a copy of Stephen King On Writing.
Each follower of the blog, twitter, and Google plus page will automatically get an entry. If you follow on all three, you get three automatic entries.
Each retweet, share, +1 will get them another entry. On March 1st, I will use a random number generator to pick the winner and mail them a hard copy of Stephen King On Writing! So help me out and spread the word!
Since you are here, check out some of my other posts like an interview, book review, or Around the Web!